The People Of Note (PON) Working Party has taken account of the local and national Covid-19 guidance on ensuring that community singing is a safe activity for the choir members when attending rehearsals, workshops, indoor and outdoor events. We will also be following the policies of the venues we use.
We would request that you follow these steps when attending PON events.
- We are planning to run the events as normal, as much as possible, so we are not requiring masks or social distancing. We expect that many will choose to use them. Please be respectful of others’ boundaries.
- Don’t come to choir if you have any Covid symptoms: raised temperature, a new continuous cough, loss of smell and taste.
- Take a lateral flow test in the day prior to an event/rehearsal.
- Please inform us immediately if you develop Covid symptoms between rehearsals or you have a positive test result.
- If you need to cancel due to symptoms or a test you will be able to transfer your booking to another event, or get a refund. But you must notify us before the event starts.
- Print or write out your own song words and bring your own pencils.
- Bring your own water/drinks.
- Wait outside the venue until you’re called in.
- Wear layers to keep warm – it may be colder than normal in the venue with the doors open for ventilation.
SMILE, HAVE FUN AND SING (NOT TOO LOUDLY!!)